Hello and welcome to our submissions page! We accept creative work from high schoolers from across the Greater Austin area: we’ll take anything from op-eds to sculptures to soundcloud songs to video game demos!
Here is our Submission Process:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your submission(s) according to the following template.
- Title of piece:
- Your Piece: Text, photos (JPG or PNG), video files, google doc links, youtube/vimeo links, soundcloud links, etc.
- Artist’s Bio: (name, grade, high school, your professional experience, awards/accomplishments, what you hope to accomplish in life or with AYAU.)
- SUBJECT BOX: Please put the genre of art you are submitting to (literary, visual, or performing arts.)
- *OPTIONAL* Your Social Media Accounts:
- AYAU would be happy to link your published piece with your social media accounts (Instagram, snapchat, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Medium, etc) Let us know your account names and we can make it happen.
Feel free to send us as many pieces as you like: you do not have to repeat the bio or headshot step if you do.
Please scroll below for a detailed look at our Submission Guidelines.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com. Thanks!
Submission Season and ERT:
- We generally accept submissions for publication on our site/social media in two phases.
- Phase 1: February – May
- Phase 2: August – November
- In the event that we shift our submission season, please check the top part of this page for the most up to date information.
- Please note that AYAU is not our staff’s full time job, as we are primarily composed of high school and college students. That being said, we aim to get back to you within 3 weeks after receiving your submission.
Genres of Work:
- We accept work in the following genres: Literary Arts, Visual Arts, and Performing Arts.
- See the bottom of this page for a full list of the categories covered by each, and click the button to see examples of work that has already been published.
Previously Posted Work(s):
- We accept previously published work(s), and will credit the original publication in our online posts.
- If we accept your piece before it has been accepted elsewhere, we request that the other publication(s) credits Austin Youth Artists United upon publication of the piece
- We accept comprehensive use of English and other languages in submitted work. However, if your piece is completely composed of non-English languages, we ask that you include a translation, as our staff’s primary language is English.
- We accept work from current high school students in the Greater Austin area (this includes Kyle, Buda, San Marcos, Del Valle, Pflugerville, Manor, Elgin, Round Rock, Cedar Park, and Leander.) Please note that if you have just graduated, we will gladly receive any work that you have done during high school.
We do not tolerate any form of plagiarism.
We are publishers, not a platform; we reserve the right to reject any material that is hateful or discriminatory.
Poetry, op-eds, research papers, short stories, dramatic scripts, historical fiction, personal essays, satire/humor, and science fiction/fantasy.
Film, illustration, mixed media, digital art, photography, ceramics, painting, architecture, sculpture, fashion, and video game design.
Music, dance choreography, theatre, spoken word, and magic.